The recent developments with the Coronavirus is a consideration we all need to be mindful of, and we wanted to take a few minutes to communicate how we are planning to handle these new developments.
- Practice schedule – We will cancel all practices through March 30:
- Our ability to continue practicing is dependent on Bucknell University remaining open. As you may know, Bucknell has cancelled classes and organized activities through May. We are currently looking at satellite locations while being mindful of the health of our members.
- We are also monitoring state and local responses to the Coronavirus, and these developments will likely influence our practice schedules.
- The Board and sub-committee will meet in a couple of weeks to determine when and where we will resume practice.
- We will update the BVRTC website, social media, and will update via email should there be any changes to our practice schedule.
- Membership – Since we have a number of members that will not be able to practice for the time being, we will extend the “paid through” date for all members who have registered by 18 days (# of days lost in March). For example, if you are paid through April 1, you’re new paid through date will be April 19. If we have to continue the postponement, we will continue to extend your memberships.
- Looking out for one another – Now more than ever, we need to look out for one another, and not put our family at risk. Please, if you are feeling sick, we ask that you stay home and avoid contact with others in the community. In the mean time, the CDC has recommended frequent hand washing to minimize the risk of infection. HERE is some useful information about Coronavirus from Stanford Health.
- Events – By now, you probably know that PJWs, MAWAs, NCAAs, and NHSCA Duals have all been cancelled. We will still have our meat raffle on the 18th. We will go live on Instagram for the drawing. at 7 pm. If you have tickets, please call me (Dave Marble (607-221-4681)). So far, there are no updates with the BVRTC Duals but the Golf Outing is postponed until the fall. We are operating under the assumption that they are still on and ask for your continued support.
This program has come a very long way in the past six months. Thank you for your loyalty and support! We have grown, we have gotten better, and we have come together. Gable said, “Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy”. We will get through this setback and come through stronger than ever.
Please reach out to us with any questions/concerns.
Thank you for your support. Stay safe.