The temperature is dropping which only means one thing…wrestling season is upon us! We have been working diligently to improve the club for all who are a part of it. Our vision is to make the club a place for wrestlers in our area to come and train with the best. We all know that competition between teams in PA is intense and the animosity may run deep. But, we want to help our local kids be the best they can be. We are here to beat the good guys. We can do it together.
So, here are the changes. Some have already begun.
- Increased number of coaches. We will have Bucknell wrestlers at every practice and will be using Bucknell Coaches, local coaches, and a few new (familiar) faces.
- Split practices by age. We will be splitting out practices for K-8th grade, 9th-12th, and will be adding a practice specifically for women. The rationale is that we want to narrow down the size and skill set of our kids to maximize their experience during practice.
- Satellite locations. We will be spreading our coverage to locations in the area with more regularity. I’ll send out dates shortly to look for options.
- Techniques. We will update and follow a curriculum that covers all of the basic, high-level areas. By breaking out the sessions, we’ll be able to add or remove details depending on where the group is.
- Women’s practices. Women’s wrestling at the collegiate level is growing. It is exploding in PA, too. We want to provide opportunity for ladies that want to get better. There is a ton of steam behind this movement and a lot of people willing to help.
- Last but not least – charging for practice will start November 17th. First, no other club that we have seen is free. Our new cost structure will be well below what other clubs are charging. We will offer support to those who are unable to afford it. New revenue will help us pay for things like facility use fees, insurance, gear, clothing, coaches, etc. We will put out the best product at the best price.
o Cost is:
- $10 drop-in
- $50 per month
- Season Options
- Season 1 (November – May) $300
- Season 2 (June – October) $240
- $500 Yearly
- We will seek out grants and donations to pay for those who are not able. If you are concerned about affordability, please email email@example.com. There will be regular opportunities for you to fundraise for membership fees.
- Family rate – 50% off for the 2nd wrestler on yearly memberships. No charge for the third, fourth, etc.
- We will be using the app called TeamSnap! We need your email to invite you to create a profile and join the club. We will use it to send messages, track who is going to practice, roster teams, and allow you to pay online in an additional way. You will start seeing a table with workers to collect information soon.
We appreciate your patience as we work through all of these changes. Our Board has discussed all of our changes at length. This will be better for the club, the community, and the wrestlers in our area.
Please feel free to share the email and pass along emails to get signed up on TeamSnap.
Thank you for your understanding. See you soon!